The Hoof is a no-fuss, easy to use device capable of sounds from warm, gritty overdrive to a huge sustaining fuzz. It's a germanium/silicon hybrid muff style fuzz (based on the old green russian muff) with massive amounts of volume on tap and smooth amp-like sustain. It has a tighter, cleaner sound than most muff's which makes it more cutting and discernible in a band setting. The shift control changes the frequency response of the tone control, mainly on the treble side (but takes out the mud on the bass side). Clockwise scoops the mids and counterclockwise enhances the mids. When the shift control is set dead center it has roughly the same frequency response as the original 3 knob hoof (almost flat).
- Fuzz: Clockwise for heavy, counterclockwise for light.
- Level: Controls the output level.
- Measures: 4 5/8" x 2 1/2" x 2.25" with knobs
- Powered best by a 9V power supply
- Shift: Adjust the mid content. Clockwise for classic scooped mids, counterclockwise for the more modern cutting mids all the kids love.
- Tone: Bass to the left, Treble to the right.
- EarthQuaker Devices
- All Ages
- Effect Type
- Ship Dimension
- 7 x 10 x 6 inches
- Ship Weight