The T Drive is a sonic recreation of the legendary Trainwreck Express amplifier. Rooted in the tradition of British amps from the 60s & 70s, Trainwrecks are famous for their fast pick response and their exceptional dynamics, from chimey "Vox" style cleans to a soaring "Plexi" overdrive. To most accurately recreate the harmonic complexity of the Trainwreck amps in a stompbox, Vertex took painstaking measures find a "real deal" Trainwreck Express to compare for sonic accuracy and consulted longtime Trainwreck user Glen Kuykendall for guidance, providing them with recordings & feedback A/B-ing his Trainwreck against our T Drive prototype. Our quest to create the the most accurate "Wreck-in-a-box" has result in the T Drive, a pedal with the dynamics, harmoic complexity, and "voice-like" overtones reminiscent of the amp it was inspired by.
- 9-18VDC Center-Negative Power Operation (adapter not included)
- Assembled in California
- Designed Alongside a "Real Deal" Trainwreck Amplifier
- Superior Dynamics from Chimey Vox Cleans to Soaring Plexi Dirt
- True Bypass
- Ultra Sensitive Pick Attack and Response
- Dimension: 4.6" x 3.2" x 1.8"
- Effect Type
- Ship Dimension
- 7 x 10 x 6 inches
- Ship Weight